Deutsch-Französisches Institut
News Discussion Online Library Search …

Assessment points: 0

Initiator:
Anne-Sophie Barreau
Das Projekt-Team
14:55 Uhr

Answers of the week: Climate change and energy supply

Dr. Stefan Aykut from the Franco-German Institute answers questions on climate change and energy supply!
He works as research associate in the Paris office of the dfi and is an expert in environmental policies in France and Germany.

Dr. Stefan Aykut de l’Institut Franco-Allemand répond aux questions sur le sujet du changement climatique et de l’approvisionnement énergétique!
Spécia ➔ Show full article …

Last edited at: 11.07.2012 - 14:59

16.07.2012 - 16:07 Nikola Svobodnikova
Nikola Svobodnikova
Mesto Novy Jicin
7 Articles

5. – The role of the companies

Good afternoon,
I have a few questions about the roles which are played in this topic. I think that the biggest problem is in the education and that this problem affects other components like attitude of the companies.
All over the world is a widespread trend of large companies and their factories. The influence of their pollution on the global warming is well-known but I do not see any bigger ➔ Show full article …

3823-time(s) clapped

Clap

11.07.2012 - 18:38 EXPERTE Dr. Stefan  Aykut
EXPERTE Dr. Stefan Aykut
dfi
4 Articles

4. – Réponse à Henriette Heimbach de l’équipe

Question :
Quel rôle joue l’énergie nucléaire dans le débat autour de la protection du climat en France, en Allemagne et en Europe?

Ma réponse :
Historiquement, le changement climatique a émergé comme problème public en Europe juste après l’accident de Tchernobyl, et donc à un moment, où le futur de l’énergie nucléaire semblait très incertain. Étant donné que la produc ➔ Show full article …

3414-time(s) clapped

Clap

11.07.2012 - 18:37 EXPERTE Dr. Stefan  Aykut
EXPERTE Dr. Stefan Aykut
dfi
4 Articles

3. – Answer to team member Henriette Heimbach

Question:
What role plays nuclear energy in the debate of climate protection in France, Germany and Europe?

My answer:
Historically, climate change emerged in Europe as a public problem just after the Chernobyl accident, and thus at a moment, where the future of nuclear energy seemed highly uncertain. As electricity generation from nuclear energy releases very little CO2, proponents of nu ➔ Show full article …

3348-time(s) clapped

Clap

11.07.2012 - 18:37 EXPERTE Dr. Stefan  Aykut
EXPERTE Dr. Stefan Aykut
dfi
4 Articles

2. – Answer to team member Henriette Heimbach

Question:
The Earth summit Rio+20 was very disappointing to experts and activists. National and European media did not cover much of the summit. Is the interest of the public and the citizens in climate protection diminishing in Europe?

My answer:
The Rio+20 summit was not about climate protection alone, it was about sustainable development in its social, environmental, and economic dimens ➔ Show full article …

3511-time(s) clapped

Clap

11.07.2012 - 18:25 EXPERTE Dr. Stefan  Aykut
EXPERTE Dr. Stefan Aykut
dfi
4 Articles

1. – Answer to Petr Brandejs

Question:
Climate change seems to be first and foremost a topic that has to be dealt with best on the global level. Do people play a significant role in global warming?

My answer:
Climate change is a radically global problem, because greenhouse gases emitted at one point of the planet affect the climate as a whole. It is also highly abstract. We only know we have a problem, because scienti ➔ Show full article …

3492-time(s) clapped

Clap

[1

Go to top of page